HOW TO OPEN A PAYPAL ACCOUNT FROM NIGERIA
Using paypal to make payment online or receive payment online is very easy. PayPal is a globally accepted means of payment anywhere in the world and we shall be looking at how to open a PayPal account in Nigeria. Many people know what a PayPal account is and have used it several time to make payment and receive payment. But for the purpose of the people that don’t have much knowledge of it, I will be describing what a PayPal account is, and later I will explain how you can open and verify it in Nigeria.
If you already know what PayPal is all about but just want to know who to open and verify it, scroll down to the subheadings describing the process below.
For the purpose of this post, I will be using my Android phone to open a verified PayPal account in Nigeria. The steps are the same for PC.
Follow the steps below to sign up for the PayPal account:
- Go to PayPal website on www.paypal.com
- On landing on the PayPal website, tap on Menu, located at the top left corner: Tapping Menu will expand the option.
On the displayed option, you will see the option called PERSONAL, with a V-sign beside it. Normally PayPal allows two type of accounts – Personal and Business. However the business account isn’t available in Nigeria.
- Click on Sign Up below PERSONAL: This loads a Personal Account form page.
- On the first form page, fill in your Email address, and create and confirm a password.
- After filling your email address and password, tap on Continue: Tapping continue loads the second page of the form.
- On the second form page, fill in the all the personal information required. Make sure your Street Address 1 is the same as the address you used in opening the local bank account of the ATM card you will be linking with the PayPal account. You don’t have to feel Street Address 2.
- Tap on Agree and Continue.
How to Verify Your Nigeria PayPal Account
To verify the Nigeria PayPal Account you just registered, you have to first active the account through a link sent to your email, and then you must link your Nigeria Master or Visa card. See the steps below:
- Login to the email address you used in registering the PayPal account, and find the email from PayPal.
- Open the email and click Activate My Account: This will activate the account and give you a first-time login access to your PayPal account.
- While you are still logged in, locate and tap on get verified.
- Tap on Link a card.
- Fill in your Master or Visa card information and tap on Save.
On tapping save, $1.95 will be deducted from the account of the card you are trying to link. The money will be refunded within hours. The deduction is to verify your ownership of the card. This charges also creates a unique 4-digit code which you will use in the confirmation of the card.
- After receiving the 4-digit code from your bank, login to your PayPal account, tap confirm credit card, enter the code and tap continue. The code is the 4-digit number after PP* in the message from your bank.
That’s all, you now have a verified Nigeria PayPal account, the next step is how to receive payment.
Once your Credit Card is linked to your paypal account , payment can be made directly to your bank out via your paypal account. just ensure you link your credit card to your paypal account as described above